Sunday, August 2, 2009

Better days




This past week has had it's ups and downs. My uncle's funeral was yesterday. That was the low of my week. I knew saying goodbye would be difficult but it was downright traumatic. His two sons were most upset. They were told by one doctor that my uncle was having a surgery that would make him all better. His two sons were really believing that. They needed to believe.

Tomorrow morn, my uncle will be transported to a veteran's memerial burial ground. I don't think I can go. I can't go through anymore of the heartache. I can mourn at home.

On the brighter side, outside of all the sadness and pain, it was great to spend so much time with my family. We really do pull together in times of madness. We need to get better at gathering for good times as well.

My little family and I had a great time in Ocean City on Tuesday and Thursday. It must have been obvious that I needed to get away. I'm hoping we can find time to go back before this summer is out. I'm hoping better days are ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment