Monday, February 28, 2011
I am definitely not a resolution type of person but I am challenging myself once again to give up sodas. In a effort to do so, I have committed myself to a rule. The next time I have a carbonated drink, it has to be made in a Soda Stream
I very obviously don't own one as of yet. So what does this mean for me? Well, I am challenging myself to either win or find a way to afford this wonderful system.
I know, I set myself up for possible failure but, I have to find a way to make it work. I am not allowing myself to ask anyone to purchase it for me, or receive it as a gift. This is totally on me.
I am putting the pressure on and I am up for this! We will see how it all works out.
Wish me luck! I'll keep you all updated!
Friday, February 25, 2011
A friend of mine is dealing with very troubling times & this makes me think of her, I think.
Whatever it is, this track keeps playing in my head and I am letting it flow.
I read between the lines of the eyes of your brow,
your handshake ain’t matchin your smile
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
In honor of this, there's a terrific giveaway going on over at Girl Gone Mom ! Apparently, Subway & Diet Coke have teamed up to raise awareness and support for women's heart health education and research.
All over the real world and cyber world, there are heart flags for you to capture. Each capture triggers a donation of up to $100,000 to the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health. It's fun and easy.
To learn more about this wonderful collaboration to spread knowledge and awareness, and to participate, please click the link. Heart Truth
Monday, February 21, 2011
All who know me understand I have a serious soda addiction that I have been trying to kick for a few years now. Well, the Soda Stream allows you to make healthier sparkling water and sodas as an alternative for people like me. I also love that this is a truly "green" machine because it uses no batteries or electricity.
In my quest to earn one, I've also been entering many contests in hopes of winning this device. Lo and behold, I find New Age Mama is giving away a Soda Stream! How awesome is that? I would really love to win this device! You, too can take your chance at winning by following the link and entering yourself!
For more information about Soda Stream click the link.
Friday, February 18, 2011
Ah, memories of Summer make me a very happy lady!
Enjoy the wonderful weekend friends!
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
I decided to do something a little different this week. Instead of sharing a photo, I am posting a video submission I used for a contest in the hopes of winning furniture for my home.
I'm not asking for votes or likes, just sharing my video with my readers and friends.
Wish me luck!
Monday, February 14, 2011
Friday, February 11, 2011
Then, this guy dropped the jewels of knowledge and I was blown away. I found myself quoting it in class and getting into plenty of trouble for it. I wasn't trying to show off, I just wanted to share what I learned with others.
How can we ever truly know one another without knowing of all of our history?
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
This little guy loves to play hide and seek. Every time I walk down the hall, I have to look all around me to make sure he does not jump out and tag me. On this particular day, I was being extra careful, peering around each corner. As I approached the middle of the hall, what do I see but a man in a box. LOL!
I love my little guy :)
Monday, February 7, 2011
I decided I will compile a list of fun free or cheap things I can do for V day. Feel free to add to the list if you please.
1. E-cards. This is the easiest idea by far. I send them for birthdays, holidays and just because.
2. Special meals. I cook a feast consisting of favorite foods my children enjoy.
3. Cakes, cookies, pies. This one is self-explanatory. I make and decorate special treats for the family to enjoy.
4. Movie night! I recently won a year of free blu-ray rentals. I am thinking everyone can pick a favorite movie and we can enjoy a wonderful movie night together.
5. Homemade cards. I still enjoy receiving these from the kids. I love to see their drawings and creativity. It's also a fun activity to do as a family.
6. Homemade tees. My good friend iwearyourshirt sent me a box of Simply Screen Stencils left over from a day of advertising. They're inexpensive and easy-to-find in most craft shops. The stencils can be used on shirts, sneakers, bags, etc.
7. Books! People underestimate the power of books. My children enjoy reading and if they didn't, they would be forced to pretend they do anyway. LOL. I enjoy finding age appropriate books in the bargain section of my favorite bookstore or iBooks for my little ladies. Sharing a love of reading is sharing love.
8. Homemade truffles. This one I have been planning to do with my kids for a while. There are a ton of inexpensive recipes using ingredients most of us have just lying around. My girls and I are excited to try one!
9. Take suggestions. I like to ask my girls for input. Sometimes kids have the most wonderfully, cheap ideas. LOL!
10. I'm willing to take suggestions. Share your ideas on inexpensive things you enjoy with your family.
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Blessed Beyond Words blog is awarding one very lucky reader, well, just because. Isn't that awesome? I think so.
Head over to Just Because giveaway and enter for your chance to win or wish me luck!
Have a wonderful Superbowl Sunday loves!
Friday, February 4, 2011
I know you're thinking, what does this have to do with music or Hip Hop. It's funny, the first things I learned of Africa came from rap music. This next video is the beginning of my learning about my people and it sparked my need to learn much more.