Thursday, August 27, 2009

Woe is me

I am feeling so old all of a sudden. School starts back next week. Today I went to open house with my middle schooler. I have a middle schooler. She is in 7TH GRADE. Time is passing me by so quickly. She was my little baby not so long ago, or so it seems to me.

My youngest is turning 8 next month. 8. I'm not ready for her to grow up. I need her to continue being my little baby, at least for a little while longer.

I am gonna miss the days of them just being sweet little girls. They will be 8, 10 and 13 by the end of the schoolyear. That does not sound good to me. They are getting to the point where they will be taller than me, especially the 9 year old. She's outgrowing her 12 year old sister.

Time is leaving me behind, making my babies young ladies and making me old.

Ah well. As I've been saying for years, I don't get older, I get better. Hopefully, they will as well.

2 comments:

  1. You aren't home schooling this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are in a cyber charter school. We had online open house. LOL. It was really cool.

    ReplyDelete