My ten tips for the school year would be:
1. Be prepared. Stock up on school supplies and clothing now. There are great back to school sales going on now.
2. Make sure your students know their personal information ie. name, address, phone number.
3. It is important that students spend at least 20 minutes reading daily. This helps to ensure they will be prepared when it is time to return to school.
4. Check school lists to be aware of dress code.
5. Check store lists for appropriate items for each grade.
6. Pack hand sanitizer in each student's backpack.
7. Create a secret word for pickup persons. If the person does not know the secret word, the child should not leave with them.
8. Teach proper hand washing technique to ensure cleanliness.
9. Make sure your student knows to speak to a teacher or authority figure if any problems arise.
10. Make sure your student has a nutritious breakfast each day before heading out to school.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Airwear blogging program, making me eligible to get a $25 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, visit http://airwear.twittermoms.com/about