Thursday, September 17, 2009

Even the elephants understand

As I was watching Babar, more like listening, I overheard the episode where Queen Celeste kidnapped King Babar just to spend time together. In the end, they confided in their children, they were not going to a convention. They planned a trip to ensure they would have private time together.

That made me think. It's funny, how many relationships fail because one or both refuse to put in the work to hold it together. I'm not saying a bad relationship is worth staying in, just everything takes work.

We maintenance our homes, our cars, why not our relationships? Are they less important?

I guess I'm thinking out loud.
These things have crossed my mind many times. I know the work it takes. I've put in the late hours and early mornings to ensure things work. I think I'm worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment