Monday, May 9, 2011

A few tips...

People have been asking for tips on getting in shape. I have a routine I do every year. I start around April to get myself in shape in time for June. The first few days are always the hardest but my motivation keeps me going.

Here are a few tips I learned:

1. Talking more = eating less.
It's good to talk during meals because the more you talk, the less you are eating.

2. Just stop.
It is said that it takes 20 minutes for the body to realize it's full. If you take in lesser portions, you will not overeat. Simple, right?

3. Breakfast.
The most important meal of the day is breakfast. Missing breakfast can cause a slow down in the metabolism, causing the body to slow down the break down of fat which keeps us fat.

4. Weight lifting.
Weight lifting is a great way to burn fat. It burns through the sugar source which is necessary before the body can burn fat.

5. Watch what you eat.
It sounds simple. Stick to the basic food groups. Snacks are difficult to give up but you can at least try eating healthy snacks and do so in moderation. We all know which foods aren't good for us so try cutting them out.

I try to keep it simple. One more thing I have been doing lately is eating fruit after working out. In the past, I would just bathe and crash. My energy would be extremely low and I hated working out. Since snacking on fruit after gives me a little energy boost, it has been beneficial to me.

I hope these little tips are helpful.

Have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment